How to install fonts on your PC
If you are planning on creating a digital scrapbooking layout, you are going to need fonts! Thankfully, the internet has hundreds of free fonts that you can use for your personal layouts! This tutorial will walk you through how to install fonts on your PC
Step 1 – Find your Font & Downloading it
Check out Friday Fonts here at Gotta Pixel where we showcase different fonts that we love and use ourselves. Once you have located the font that you want, click “Download” to save it to your computer. A great example for free fonts is Kevin & Amanda. If you go to their site you can download individual fonts by clicking on the sample. This will take you to a new page with a download link.
Depending on your browser, and your settings in Windows, how it is downloaded is specific to you. However, you will have the option to ask it to download it to your computer so go ahead and do that. After it has downloaded, find the folder where you downloaded it to and open that folder.
Step 2 – Unzipping your Font File
Most files that you download from the internet will be in a .zip format. A zip file may contain one or more files or folders that may have been compressed. If you do not know how to unzip a file yet, please see our “Unzipping Files on Your PC” tutorial. Go ahead and unzip your font file.
Step 3 – Installing Your Font
If you are using Windows 8, 7 or Vista
- Find the folder where you extracted the font and right click on the font file.
- Click Install.
If you are using any other version of Windows
- Note where you extracted your font to.
- Go to Start Menu > Control Panel
- On the File menu, click Install New Font.
- In Drives, click the drive you want.
- In Folders, double-click the folder that contains the fonts you want to add.
- In List of fonts, click the font you want to add, and then click OK.
- To add all of the listed fonts, click Select All, and then click OK.
If you have questions about this tutorial or would like to request a tutorial, please visit and post to the Tutorial Help & Request forum!